Wear Your Food

candy shop charm bracelet 1

Today I have just one word for you.

I was out (ahem) shopping the other day and I wasn’t planning on buying anything. Honest. Yeah, I was window shopping. Then I came across this cuterriffic candy shop charm bracelet! I had to have it no matter what. In fact, I had to have two. Just to take them home and look at them. Forever. I may never wear it.

You want one?

Introducing the Wear Your Food Competition…

So I would love to just give one of these babies away, I really would. Although where’s the fun in that? So I ask a few little things from you wonderful, sweety charm bracelet deserving folks.

What do you have to do?
Pick your favourite candy charm (or charms) on the bracelet pictured above and create a single dish inspired by that charm (or charms). Sweet and simple, no? The winner will receive the candy shop charm bracelet and one runner up will receive a mystery prize. Yep. oUhhHhh.

I will post a round up of all the entries in the post that announces the winners.

What will you take your inspiration from?

candy shop charm bracelet 2

Teapots? Teacups/Coffeecups?

candy shop charm bracelet 3

Have a think while I pour you a drink…

candy shop charm bracelet 4

Lollypops? Ice cream? How many scoops?

candy shop charm bracelet 5

Sweet Hearts? Ice cream cones?

candy shop charm bracelet 6

Cupcakes? Spoons? I think I might die from cute overload.

candy shop charm bracelet 7

Oh stop it. I can’t stand the cuteness any more. Ice lollies? Chocolate cake? Or is it a tart? A teeny tiny fork? Ahhh…

candy shop charm bracelet 8

Strawberries? Cocktails? Mocktails?

1. If you aren’t already a follower please click ‘Follow’ on the left hand sidebar (cheeky me… Yup, that’s how I roll).

2. Please post your entry on your blog before the end date of the competition and state on the blog post that you are sending it to KO Rasoi’s ‘Wear Your Food’ competition. Archived entries are allowed as long as they are re-posted and it’s stated that you’re sending it in to this competition.

3. Non-bloggers can also enter by sending their recipes and pictures via e-mail.

4. Multiple entries are allowed.

5. Please add pictures to your recipe so that we can see how yummy and charm bracelet-inspired they are!

6. Please e-mail your entry/entries, along with your name, the name of your blog and a link to the post on your blog to: sanju_modha (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk

7. Entries must be received by 30th March 2010 at 23:59 GMT. The winner will be announced soon after.

If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to ask me!

candy shop charm bracelet 9

Go on. Wear your food!

Filed under: Competitions

Food photographer, digital producer and dreamer of all things delicious. This blog on Indian and East African vegetarian food is my place of reflection and retreat.

1. Cool Lassi(e) says

I plan to send many entries and have one dish ready for this event. It was posted in Feb though. So my question is, are archived entries allowed?

That charm bracelet is Charming! Loving it!

Cool Lassi(e)- Sure, archived entries are allowed as long as they are re-posted and it's stated that you're sending it in to this competition! :)

Argh. It's beautiful.

I would have to give it to my sister, obviously. But still. Lovely.

Love your nail colour too. I notice the finer details. :)

4. A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine says

Wow such cuterrific ..event…will surely try to send something..

Omg, how did you control yourself and only buy 2? It's ridiculously cute!! I'm going away for the end of March but I hope I have time to get an entry in, I just adore this bracelet!

6. Preeti Kashyap says

I love this charm…usually give always don't excite me much. But this is one charm that is making me greedy! Will send my entries sweets.

Mr P- I bet your sister would love it! Wahey you noticed the electric blue Barry M nail varnish (I have all of the Barry M nail varnishes. It's shameful).

A 2 Z- I look forward to seeing your entry!

Trix- I hope you get back in time :) I'd love to see what you come up with! I just read your 20 questions with R.S… So awesome!

Preeti- I'm so glad you like it! Can't wait to see your entry!

8. 5 Star Foodie says

Aw, this is the cutest bracelet ever and what a fun idea for a food competition! I will try to think of something soon.

Oh my, they are so adorable, just like you!!! Decisions, decisions. :)

Wow… Cute babies.. And Announcing this event on Internation Women's day!! You couldnt have chosen a better day!! Happy Women's day dear…
    Sure I'll rake my brain and come up with something as cute as these!! :)

11. The Curious Baker says

What a great idea! I'd love to enter, but sadly don't have any wearable food charms *sniff* :(

5 Star Foodie- I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sharmilee- I look forward to your entry!

Ju- Aww! :$ Thank youuu! It's tough isn't it…

Nostalgia- Thanks :)

Rohini- Oh gosh I didn't even know it was International Women's Day! Happy Women's Day to you too! Can't wait to see your entry!

Anncoo- It is adorable isn't it?!

The Curious Baker- Oh, you don't need to have any yourself, just take inspiration from the bracelet pictured here and come up with a recipe. Then you can win this bracelet. Hope that clears it up.

Dear sanjana
    wao these things can come from you only, I like it , so you broke the rules of window shopping but the result is great idea
    cant participate even if i were at home..dont have the basic skills :-( but will follow the results with great enthu….
    have a nice week

14. artipatel88 says

WOW! How cute is that charm bracelet?! :o time to see what we can cook up now! ;)

What a cute Bracelet and what a lovely concept of the contest. I will surely try to send something!
    Happy Women's Day Dear :)

16. vickys says

Knowing how much you ADORE the bracelt just makes me know you're a GREAT Person for giving it away!

17. Bigarade says

Im actually going to enter this sanjiloo!!
    OHH!! i am a charm fiend! i have some enourmsly disturbing bracelets! but this…is the cherry on the cake!! can i just have it :D :D

18. Cooking Foodie says

Awww… such a cute bracelet! I will be sending in an entry soon…

19. MaryMoh says

What a beautiful bracelet! I hope I can come out with something.

20. Jhonny walker says

Sanjana…this is awesome…both the bracelet and the competition…me will ave to think of a dish…lets see…will mostly be a hot drink…

will keep you posted :)

21. Mae says

Gaaah! How did I miss this contest til now? I am going to try to make the deadline, wait for my entry! *hops in car and speeds off to grocery*

22. AshKuku says

Very cute indeed…. The best I liked was the T cup….. Cutie Pie….. small & adorable…. But My bad!!! I'm not good at any of these…. Meaning I don't know any…for me to send some across… I would keep a watch for future events…. Any one I would be aware of & well versed with…. I liked the 'FOLLOWERS'… role!!!!

Thank you everyone :) I really look forward to seeing your entries.
    Kim- Great news, there is no restriction on location! :)

24. Madhurya Karthik says

Hi Sanjana,
    You've a beautiful blog here. Nice contest. Pity I just saw…. Waiting for ur next contest…..