Vegetable Dishes

Piquant Cauliflower Cheese

cauliflower-cheese-fi

A quick and simple recipe for a long, elaborate week.

How are you all? I’ve been itching to get back to cooking and blogging after so much moving around from place to place, doing this, that and everything else in between. I hope you’ve all had a far more restful week. Okay, so I’ve done my spot of complaining. Perhaps I should fill you in on why there has been a certain lack of delicious recipes on KO Rasoi recently?

Or maybe I should stop stalling and get on with the hearty, comforting recipe?

I figured you’d want to know where I’ve been…

So here’s today’s recipe.

Piquant Cauliflower Cheese
(Serves 4-6)

2 medium sized heads cauliflower, broken into bite-sized florets and boiled in milk and water until al dente, then drained (the milk keeps the cauliflower deliciously snow white)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup plain flour
4 ½ cups semi-skimmed milk
3 cups mature cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 hot red chilli, chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp black pepper

1. Arrange the cooked cauliflower florets in a large oven-proof tray.

2. For the roux (for the cheese sauce), heat the oil in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook on a medium heat until the flour becomes slightly darker and has a nutty aroma. Turn the heat off.

3. Slowly add the milk whisking the mixture as you add more liquid. The sauce will immediately begin to thicken, indicating that more liquid should be added.

4. When you have used up all of your milk and your sauce begins to look more like a sauce, add the cheese and keep whisking until it has melted. At this point you can turn the heat back on to low.

5. Add the mustard, chilli, paprika and back pepper. Stir well.

6. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower florets until they are well covered. Place the dish under the grill until the cauliflower cheese is golden brown.

Notes: You can use this cheese sauce base for any vegetable/pasta dishes you like. I love using it to make potato bakes, macaroni cheese and broccoli cheese. Get your creative thinking caps on!

You really think I’d sign off without telling you where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing?

Never.

I moved out of my house near University. Boo, hiss. I shall miss it there. I won’t miss moving all of the junk out of there though. Who knew I had so much stuff?

I also bagged myself an internship. Great success.

Although, that means more moving. Moving my junk around, that is.

Oh, and I graduate tomorrow.

Shouldn’t I be in bed by now?

Sleep tight, lovelies!

Comments

comments

Filed under: Vegetable Dishes

by

Food photographer, digital producer and dreamer of all things delicious. This blog on Indian and East African vegetarian food is my place of reflection and retreat.

1. Jess--Sugar High says

Yumm, I love cauliflower. Congrats on graduating, and good luck with your internship!

Amazing news, well done. Hope you get good weather for graduation! (Send me an email with details about this internship!)

Sanjana, lovely and delicious looking cauliflower recipe and congrats on bagging internship, of course moving is always a pain and yes get some beauty sleep, you need it for tomorrow, have fun @ graduation :)

Congrats and best of luck! and what awesome comfort food. I love cauliflower.

Delicious Comfort food :)
    Congratulations for the Graduation and the internship! Best of luck!!

6. sangeeta says

Congrats for all those wonderful things you have been doing ..

Loved this cheese cauliflowers.

Even i have been away and not in touch with blogs n have been missing all this.

7. A Little Yumminess says

This makes cauliflower easier to eat for sure. Will try on little one.

8. belleaukitchen says

congratulations on a fabulous CC and Graduation… keep blogging x

9. Premalatha Aravindhan says

congrats dear and this is very tempting recipe…

Congratulations on bagging that internship…all the best wishes for your Graduation day..I know you will come out with flying colors. God bless you.
    This is a very innovative dish…I use this sauce for some quick fake pasta dish…but will try on cauliflower ..I can get the aroma…
    I am not as lucky as others who are busy..I am sick and tired of sitting at home and counting slary ha ha
    Have a nice day…

11. Priya says

Such a delicious looking cauliflowers, yummyy…congrats dear..

I missed you!!! But I am so happy that these are exciting times for you. :) Congrats on all counts and you go, girl! The world is your (vegetarian) oyster! I will make this dish. ;) Hugs and love, Ju.

13. Carol Egbert says

Cauliflower and cheese can be dinner as far as I'm concerned. This looks like delicious comfort food.

14. The Duo Dishes says

This is a great way to convince kids (and doubtful adults) that cauliflower is oh so good. It's a well-rounded cheese sauce that would work with so many things.

I am incredibly behind with reading posts, and I'm sorry to be so late wishing you all the best and my warmest congratulations!!!!

16. Peet says

Wow, this looks incredible! Your blog is just gorgeous, what beautiful photos :)

17. Mitch my says

a guide for selecting ladies shapewear-10

tips for selecting ladies Shapewear

upper body shapers are not modern. women have been wearing them in a construct or an additional for many years. in today’s times, a greater number of women are applying shapewear to access the map they begin to want below that wear minus spending too much time in the club. level of comfort perhaps may be incredibly productive while using labor and / or their own families that they don’t have time to keep on their own healthy like they would like to. because of this,that’s the reason why could be making use of upper body shapers. Shapewear has been evolving and rising to fulfill the continuously growing shopper demand.

overall body shapers are otherwise known as shapewear and in addition weight losing suits. no matter what you give them a call, they are doing the same principal at the end. one can choose from a variety of choices, patterns, dimensions, And options usually are damaged underneath it your new wearables. They are more than a the right accommodating matter and sustains physique want tiny and therefore avoids any type of wobbling. can make you look great skinnier. individuals is definitely actually complimenting you until morning indicating how really you appear begin using physique shapers. it is possible to envision you may spend all your christian louboutin mens sneakers 2013 time to yourself that the gym has.

Shapewear accessible to fit anyone while in the a mode that appeal to all users. a lot of women are seeking for program shapers which often skinny this legs to bellies. understand noticed some of these belonging to the Bridget Jones show in the event of she pointed out to the criminals to his boss, Hugh give, around mishap. this style of complete shapers captivates your own life upper thighs and as well as stomach seen reduces dietary fat within these surfaces. They are good for women who rub pants, tremendous long suits, Or snugly right dresses and very feels good likewise for a long time. that includes looks shapers, may blend with conveniently directly onto your own dress which are too firmly.

another variety of body shapers is determine capsules that work well for your own whole chest muscles. they often go from the breasts to qualify for the midriff town. this particular shaper doesn’t thin a person’s thighs and leg, plainly ones own chest. The hold hoses keep stomach fat in appearing and offer cater to for all your titties at the same time. this gives you amazing cleavage and a a fit condition at the same time a competitive page.

most of the shapewear bras are also very used by pregnant women. in many cases older women want to hide the greasy sites down further their underarms all of them prepare while years. if it is placing on a clothes or the the top, They should have a shapewear breast support to save this armpit arena scouring the web slim and slick and as well service boost the chest so bosom seems to be great in addition. These are comfortable with these a fancy dress outfits with a sweatshirt or underneath almost any reasonably biggest. they even make such an body shape shaper on its own aka with the kinds of shapers.

body shapers present you with the look of a person who is fit and are happy the right amount of to put on just about every or thousands of dollars associated with for special events. since you have complete body shapers doesn’t imply you should not get to the gym from time to time as well as,while eat well. it will help in keeping the actual body sexy notably during the winter time debt collectors body is struggling contrary to the glaciers,. all women definitely wants look superb or elegant. the style world is going to be stimulated with a diverse variety of shapes pertaining to.. decide on wives accents about the internet has christian louboutin shoes for men for cheap turned into a main part of modern. the right time vehicle i. the actual summer along with also the freshen up months where the weather is fantastic, it is best really deterioration weightless and as well as slender garments. certainly unique to see how solitary pilot is a jacket possibly vest can easily change look causing you to be. Disso cual vamos tratar. Vamos tocar tambm em temas relacionados, Por exemplo tratamentos a laser skin e tratamentos para acne disorder. Homens, Mulheres e jovens em geral sony ericssonmpre through. each and every year appears to be sneak in on us quicker and as well because of the work involved with all situation we are overlook the fact the ways few bob. In the british isles we like to with each other, And the summer seasonn may very well be heaped with expectant bar-b-que eaters mearly hold on. Quero anytingir tmbm ssuntos relciondos mod dolescente, Moda young driver e moda feminina. Legal que pblico como adolescentes, mes e mulheres em geranl tenhm cesso contedo relevnte.