Desserts, Eggless Baking, News, Out'n'About

Eggless Wedding Cakes

Told you I’d be back. Albeit late, but hey, I’m still here. And I’ve come armed with hundreds of little Red Velvet and Lemon Cupcakes topped with handmade sugarpaste Indian elephants and glitter-caked peacock feathers.

Bespoke handmade sugarpaste Indian elephants (want these? Email me)

Two very lovely people got married in my hometown last Sunday and the beautiful bride had long ago asked me to make her a wedding cake. I was over the moon and ever so slightly alarmed by the prospect. It could collapse, melt in the heat of the British summertime or even worse, become a refuge shelter for the small mammals of Yorkshire.

Handmade sugarpaste peacock feather with edible glitter (want this? Email me)

I didn’t dare venture into the stacked eggless cake territory – that would be far too ambitious for an amateur such as myself. So I took the safe route and opted for an elegant clear cake stand, loaded it with cupcakes and topped it with the softest eggless sponge, jam and buttercream known to man (and woman).

Satisfied customer

It’s late and I’m babbling. I better stop – pronto.

I know you’re only here for the cake anyway.

1. Shobha says

Beautiful presentation.. and I'm sure the cakes must be awesome too..

2. Heidi @ Food Doodles says

Those look gorgeous! I can't even imagine all the time and work that went into those! And I love the satisfied customer :D

3. Anncoo says

I'm impressed! Those cupcakes are so pretty and very creative :)

4. Nithya says

Wow looks so Indian and beautiful :) Baking so many cakes is like wow too me :) Congrats on your great effort and awesome results :)

5. usha says

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no words to describe how amazing this looks, do you want to come to South Africa and do one for my sons wedding!!

6. Tina @flourtrader says

Nice attention to detail, these could not have turned out any better. Your artful talent really shines, or shall I say glitters, through on each and every one of these. Great job!

7. AllenR108 says

These look fantastic. One thing you said though that I do have a problem with. Amateur? I think not. You should go pro! You definitely have the skills.

wow, those are amazing, how well done and beautifully presented.

9. The Mistress of Spices says

Wow, these look amazing! You are so talented, Sanjana! Too bad I got married already last year or I would seriously consider putting in an order ;-)

10. Aunt Jayne says

I am in Awe! The elephants and peacock feathers are gorgeous!
    Please keep sharing your wonderful work :)

11. Apu says

They do look beautiful – lets see some more of the cake on the top though!!

Great post I wish I was there to cake away !! and the cake, no wonder it had to be you !
    Have a nice week

13. The Mom Chef says

You seriously made those beautiful toppers? I am so WAY impressed. I'm just impressed that you took on a wedding cake in general. There's absolutely no way anyone could have paid me enough to do that. I'd have developed a permanent twitch and failed miserably. Great job!

14. Jennica says

Two layers of my wedding cake was made of styrofoam, and the top layer was real. No one knew, and it saved money.

15. Beatiful cup-cakes with delightful and colourful sugarpaste. Please email me recipe of this wonderful eggless cup-cakes.

16. cupcakes look gorgeous, not to mention the elephants and peacock feather. would greatly appreciate if you could email the recipes for the above.